Slow computer: Since I downloaded Mountain Lion my computer takes a lot of time to load.
It will be slow until Spotlight has finished indexing the disk. Make sure that spotlight is not indexing any external backup disks.
Email problem: When I open an attachment the email disappears. So when I close the attachment I have to reopen my email!
I don’t know why this is happening. I don’t have this problem so there must be some setting that needs changing in Mail.
Missing back arrow: If I look for something on google I do not find the go back arrow anymore
That is because you have your toolbar hidden. Put your cursor in the toolbar area, right-click, then un-click “hide toolbar.”
How do I download a video from YouTube?
Try this site: http://keep-tube.com, or http://keepvid.com. If this doesn’t work, then google “how do I download a video from youtube.”
How do I burn iMovie to DVD without iDVD?
- Load an old copy of iDVD from boxed version of iLife (06, 08, 09, 11)
- Use Burn (free app) http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html
- Use Toast ($80) http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/default.html
- Upload to YouTube (no DVD) https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3711
- Call Apple they may sent out iDVD at no charge. (You may need to talk to a supervisor) 408–996–1010 800–692–7753 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3937413
- Purchase iLife ’11 from Amazon http://amzn.to/S0zfF6
Where is the Refresh button on the Safari toolbar?
- The refresh button is at the right end of the address space (a circular arrow)
- Or use the shortcut ⌘ R
- To learn more go to the help menu, enter reload page
- Good practices
- Keep inbox clean - use folders and archive old messages
- Delete addresses when forwarding
- Use BCC
- Don’t send a novel
- Don’t send two-word emails
- Don’t send a mass email intended for one person
- Don’t use an “out of office” message when subscribed to a mailing list
- Don’t leave subject link blank; use a short, clear subject
- Security tips
- Use separate email accounts for home and business
- Create a unique password
- Beware of phishing scams
- Never click links in emails
- Do not open unsolicited attachments (Windows problem)
- Scan for viruses and malware (Windows problem)
- Avoid public wi-fi