Information for Members
The OMUG Newsletter contains information, useful tips, and club news, and is posted each month on the OMUG website. You can read the newsletter online, or you can download it as a PDF file for offline viewing and printing.
As part of your OMUG membership, you get access to our online discussion forum. The forum is where members can share news, experiences, and engage in technical Q&A.
- Access the Forum
- Post a Message
- Send questions about the forum and report problems
- Find out more from the Discussion Group Information Page.
Other sources of information include:
- The Tech Blog with tech tips, tutorials, and answers to common questions.
- Notes from our meetings and workshops.
The following pages are available to current OMUG members:
If you have paid your dues, but you haven’t received the new password, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMUG is run entirely by volunteers and is totally dependent upon its members to function effectively. We are always looking for members who are willing to pitch in to help fellow members. Let us know if you are interested in helping in some way. Some opportunities:
- Provide tech help to other members via email or in-person
- Give presentations
- Run a workshop
- Demonstrate a favorite app during meetings
- Write articles for the Newsletter
- Contribute tips for the Tech Blog
- Create a tutorial
- Answer questions and provide tips on the Discussion Forum
- Take photos during meetings
- Run for office during the annual election
- Run an activity (door prize, snacks, etc.)
- Setup and cleanup at meetings and workshops (everyone pitches in here)
- Other – let us know about your good ideas